Thursday, July 10, 2008

Custom domain for my blog

I registered a domain for my blog, actually two: ifedotov.com and iheartcf.com (second one is way too fruitty). The domains were registered and parked at goDaddy.com. GoDaddy.com makes it very easy to have your parked domain pointed to blogger.

Also it's a free feature on blogger. WordPress for example charges $10 a year to have your personal custom domain to point to your blog.

I wonder why Blogger doesn't have categories for posts? They have labels so it's probably almost the same and keeps with the google theme.

I think Blogger might be temporary solution. I would like to use some ColdFusion based blogs, maybe machblog or Mango blog.

1 comment:

Jamie Krug said...

Hey, dude, nice! Maybe I'll get off my duff and blog soon, too :) Hey, can you use your godaddy.com account to put a DNS redirect (301, probably preferred) on http://ifedotov.com/ to http://www.ifedotov.com/? The first just gave me a GD "coming soon" page with ads, but I thought it might be a "www" issue, so I found ya.